Are you uncomfortable in your own skin? It is painful to be ashamed of your sexual identity. The internal struggle that many LGBT people have to endure, prior to coming out, can feel intolerable. The consequences of revealing their sexual identity can be catastrophic.
As an LGBT person you have many issues to contend with. Sometimes it can feel overwhelming and insurmountable.
In my practice I offer you a safe and non-judgmental place to discuss what you are going through and explore your options.
If you feel as though you or a loved one may be grappling with any of these issues, please contact me today to make an appointment.
LGBT people often:
- Are ambivalent about their sexual orientation.
- Have shame and guilt surrounding their sexual preferences.
- Are concerned about being harshly judged or stigmatized for their sexual orientation.
- Are afraid to reveal their sexual identity.
- Feel depressed, anxious, and alone.
- Feel suicidal.
- Hide their identity.
- Deny who they are.
- Lead a double life.
- Punish themselves.
Please contact me to schedule an appointment in either my Westbury or Glen Cove office on Long Island, NY.