Who doesn't want to be thin and healthy? Most of us struggle with weight issues at some point in our lives. The media constantly bombards us with images of photoshopped people who look perfect. Unfortunately, this raises the bar for what we think normal should look like. As a result, there are many people who become so overly preoccupied with their weight and food, it takes over their lives.
If you feel that food and the scale control you, then you may be suffering from an Eating Disorder.
There are several types of eating disorders such as: compulsive or binge eating, anorexia and bulimia.
With proper treatment, it is possible for you to get back to normal eating habits, and be less obsessed about your weight.
People with symptoms of eating disorders often:
- Have distorted views of their bodies.
- Starve themselves (Anorexia).
- Binge eat and/or vomit/purge (Bulimia).
- Eat compulsively.
- Hide their eating habits.
- Feel ashamed of their bodies.
- Obsess about food throughout the day.
- Feel ashamed about overeating.
- Have food rituals.
- View foods as either "bad" or "good."
- Are overly critical of themselves.
- Obsess about their weight.
- Feel they cannot break the binge-starve cycle.
Please contact me to schedule an appointment in either my Westbury or Glen Cove office on Long Island, NY.