Are you constantly unhappy? Feeling sad is a natural part of life. However, some people feel so "down", they are no longer able to experience joy or pleasure in their lives.
If you feel you have lost your motivation and energy and seem to be stuck in a dark place, you may be suffering from a condition known as Depressive Disorder.
Depression affects the way you think, feel and behave. It is a more intense form of sadness. Depression can hurt both physically and emotionally. In some cases, severe depression can be disabling.
With proper treatment you can feel happy again.
People with symptoms of depression often:
- Have lasting feelings of sadness and hopelessness.
- Don′t want to do things they used to find interesting or fun.
- Feel helpless, unworthy, and guilty.
- Don′t look forward to anything; nothing in life excites them.
- Are pessimistic; have a negative outlook.
- Obsess about regrets in life.
- Are not motivated to do anything.
- Have less energy; can′t concentrate.
- Have more physical complaints.
- Have problems with sleep; either sleeping more, waking early, or having disrupted sleep.
- Do not feel interested in sex.
- Have a change in appetite; either eating more or less.
- Have uncontrollable crying spells.
- Isolate from family and friends.
- Avoid interacting with people.
- Have a hard time making decisions.
- Are unhappy with almost everything in their lives.
- Often think about death.
Please contact me to schedule an appointment in either my Westbury or Glen Cove office on Long Island, NY.